Currently Under Review (Full Manuscript Available Upon Request)
• Accuracy of a Large Language Model in Differentiating Pro- and Anti-Vaccination Sentiments on Social Media: An HPV Vaccination Study. With Kwanho Kim and Wonjeong Jo
• Views on Gender Bias in Algorithms: Influence of Target, Gender Identity, and Contextual Situations. With Poong Oh and Joomi Lee
• Difficulties in Connecting with African American Populations Amidst a Public Health Emergency: Examining the Impact of Government Messaging, Conversations Around COVID-19, and Emotional Appeals on Social Media Platforms. With Sanghwa Oh
• News in the Age of Social Media: Normative Values and Social Media Values, With Jieun Shin, Seth Lewis, and Kjerstin Thorson
• Understanding How Individual Traits Influence Views on Algorithmic Discrimination, Authored independently.
• Influencing Factors and Role of an Efficient Physical Activity Program for African American Men with HIV. With Terri-Ann Kelly, Larry Icard, Loretta Jemmott, and John Jemmott
• Fingerprinting the Digital Infrastructure of Disinformation: How Non-traditional Sources Shape Misleading Narratives in the Online Sphere, With Kwanho Kim and Haoning Xue
Recent Publications in 2023
• Kim, S., Jemmott, L., Icard, L., Teitelman, A., Kelly, T., O’Leary, A., Ngwane, Z., Bellamy, S., & Jemmott, J. (2023). Long-term mediation of a sexual risk-reduction intervention for South African adolescents. Health Psychology: Official Journal of the Division of Health Psychology, American Psychological Association, 42(11), 810–821. https://doi.org/10.1037/hea0001325
• Kim, S., & Kim, J. (2023). The Information Ecosystem of Conspiracy Theory: Examining the QAnon Narrative on Facebook. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 7(CSCW1), 1–24. https://doi.org/10.1145/3579626
• Kelly, T., Jemmott, L., Kim, S., Icard, L., & Jemmott, J. (2023). Prospective Predictors of Blood Pressure Among African American Men Living with HIV. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 10(1), 168-175. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-021-01207-0
• Kim, S. Lee, J., & Oh, P., (forthcoming) Questioning AI: How Racial Identity Shapes the Perceptions of Algorithmic Bias. International Journal of Communication.
Updated in September 2023